People think being basic is all Uggs, pumpkin spice lattes, and fall flannel. But it’s so much more. It’s a tier. Let’s break it down cosmoquiz style.
Give yourself 1 point for the following:
- Watched Taylor Swift’s Reputation tour on Netflix
- Are diamond or platinum status at Ulta
- Have purchased something on Instagram. Add two points if it was a jade roller
- Own a CC beanie
- Know the words to the opening cheer from Bring It On
- Had a favorite twin from the Parent Trap
- Have a multi-step skincare routine. Add a bonus point if it’s a korean beauty system
Give yourself 2 points for the following:
- Know E! social media game is wack and that they steal content from The Morning Toast
- Have thought about or tried drinking celery juice
- DM celebrities or influencers on a regular basis. Add a point if you do this more when intoxicated
- Watched Ariana’s Thank U, Next video when it aired live
- Have had a question asked on WWHL
- Attempted to dance like Lindsey in Mykonos
- Own some sort of preset even if you aren’t sure how to use them yet
- Have ordered KKW or Kylie Cosmetics and don’t regret it
Give yourself 3 points for the following:
- Own a 4 things shirt or tote, giving keys, or james avery charm bracelet, or some sort of Charlie Southern or shirt with culturally relevant phrase on it (Example: Nap Queen, guac is extra & so am i, any namaslay or namastay in bed)
- Went a little overboard with the smooth feature on FaceTune
- Have watched the entire series of The O.C., Laguna Beach, Gossip Girl, The Hills, or One Tree Hill more than one time
- Have made an alcoholic drink with crystal light
- You have “Live, Laugh, Love” or any other positive affirmation tchotchke up in your home (if you’re unfamiliar with tchotchkes stay tuned I’ll post on those bad boys later)
- You went to Nashville for your bachelorette and made your girls wear some sort of matching Nash Bach shirts & hashtagged everything #NashBash…
You’re barely basic. Like truly, your behavior is acceptable. You’re doing great sweetie and don’t let anyone make you feel bad about your basic choices.
You are solidly basic. You partake in the trifecta of basicness: Bravo, instagram thottery, and celebrity culture. You probably live for karaoke & have a 90s, 2000s, or dance mix Spotify playlist to listen to while getting ready. People love your basicness bc it’s authentic & makes you fucking happy. You go Glen Coco.
Woah. You may need some help. Look, you like what you like but just know people are talking about you. Own it you glorious basic bitch.